Friday 27 June 2014

Progress

 


Today is a rather special day. We have had, finally, a carpenter in who has given us faith & confidence in his ability. So he has measured & explained, whilst we are still waiting for quotes, I am reasonably happy that we will use him. And then, my beautiful eldest daughter, Grace, can finally have something that is not a building site for her bedroom!





We moved in to this 300 year old farmhouse almost two years ago. She was just five. It was her first bedroom, that was truly her own. Previous to that we had all, all four of us, shared one bedroom in a tiny terraced house that we rented whilst trying to find 'the' house.

So it is a big deal. A very big deal. For Grace to have a space to call her own. Her very own. She is excited to help design it. She has already picked the paint. And it is already bought. She had wanted Farrow & Ball 'Middleton Pink' but it was just a bit too sickly against the treacle dark beams. So we have gone for Dulux 'Pretty Pink' as it has a touch of sugary lilac in it too.


She has a beautiful window that faces south over our front lawns, part of the orchard & out over the rolling fields of our neighbours at the manor house. I hope to put a desk near it so her workspace will be flooded with natural light.


I have also started looking at furniture. I am having a really difficult time finding anything suitable. I just want some well made, sturdy wooden furniture that isn't flat packed made in China cheap rubbish. This is proving rather difficult. I've looked at a few places but they all seem terribly expensive. I am not sure I want to spend lots of money on furniture for a 7 year old, knowing that she will cover it in glitter, paint & stickers and then outgrow it in her teens.



So my quest continues....


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment