Saturday 4 October 2014

#NYNYStyleProject

The other day I came across a brilliant idea on the rather lovely Modern Mummy blog. The October New Year, New You Style Project. Always up for a bit of style fun & inspiration, it thought I'd give it a go!

The concept is simple; find the days prompt, take a pic, Instagram & Tweet it! All using the #NYNYStyleProject tag. I had a little problem that I lost the card reader attachment for my iPad & so couldn't post the photos til today, but I did do the prompt on the actual day.

I thought I would share my progress ;

 

Day 1. At The Back Of The Wardrobe.

 

 

Dreadfully unflattering photo, taken in my sons bedroom, as my youngest was napping in mine, but still, cannot detract from the fabulous Matthew Williamson top. I love Williamson, even his questionable stint at Pucci bought some magnificent pieces out. I have had this mainline piece for many years. It is one of the last vestiges of my 'Pre-Children Wardrobe' and one I will never part with. Hand dyed silk it literally is a work of art. It is also from one of his very earliest collections so who knows, maybe in the V&A one day... I can't honestly tell you the last time I wore it, definitely pre motherhood! I wore it out this time, for a friends birthday & felt terribly fun & not at all my age! Success!

 

Day 2. Favourite Florals.

 

 

 

Having lived through both the 80's (Laura Ashley) & 90's (grunge floral) I really don't do floral. But I do love cherry blossom! This is an old H&M scarf that's a little too thin & short to wear as a scarf so I like to accessorise my bags with it. Here it is on my favourite bag, D Bag, by Tods. The bedspread is my daughters & is by Cath Kidston.

 

 

Day 3. Wooden.

 

 

On the Friday school run, I wore my beautiful, rich mahogany coloured patent peep toed heels by Nine West. Elegant, comfortable, chic & oh so high! Perfect in these autumn days!

 

Day 4. Bright and Bold.




What else but Dior? The only red for me (since they discontinued 'Griote' back in the 1990's) Tres, Tres Dior. Just the right amount of blue, although in this pictures lighting it appears more tomato. It is not. It is perfect. But I didn't leave the house today. So husband was left wondering why I was making all the effort!

Tomorrow is 'Supermarket Chic' & I cannot wait!

 

Are you joining in?

 

 

Love Kitty x

 

 

Style Me Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment