Friday 5 September 2014

The Perfect Mac for an Hourglass

Every spring & autumn I have the same dilemma; too warm for a coat, too rainy for a cardigan.

I need a mac. And so my quest has begun. Here are a few I'm considering;

 

Sara Mac by Hobbs £159.99

 

Rainy Day Mac by boden £119

 

Classic Trench by Gap, £60

 

 

I love the classic trench shape, but I am a short hourglass shape so it have to be mindful that something doesn't, a) hang below my knees -at 5ft3 I really don't need to look like I've shrunk. And b) make me look like I'm wearing a tent. As little extra fabric as humanly possible! After literally years of searching I have finally admitted to myself that with my height & shape, I'm never going to look like the Parisien chic walking elegance I so dearly want to emulate. Instead I've accepted that I should look in a slightly different direction, which has bought me to these;

 

Pure Cotton Cropped Mac, M&S £50

 

 

And then there is this fantastic little number! From 'The Collection', by Debenhams. It's actually the cheapest at only £30 in their sale but for me, it is almost perfect. A chic, neutral colour, fits just above the top of the thigh (even for me as it comes in petite!) no, too fancy detailing or pattern to date it. And even though it is double breasted, it is low cut so that should be sympathic to my cleaveage, not suffocating.

 

I love it. This really could be 'the one'. My years long quest could really be over. I'm going to buy it tomorrow & see!

 

I'll do a post so you can see what you think.

 

 

Love Kitty x

Fashion Friday on MummysGotStyle.com Style Me Sunday

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Loving the classic trench, was gifted one from Joules-fab picks! Thanks for linking up to #fashionfriday

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite mac id the yellow one. I'm a sucker for yellow. You can some great choices here. Thnaks so much linking #streetstylesunday

    ReplyDelete