Sunday 17 August 2014

Denim Free Challenge

Last week I had a 'Denim Disaster'.You can read about it here. I set myself a challenge, I would live for one whole week without wearing jeans!

So, how did I get on?

Well, honestly, not that bad. I did have to think a little more than I normally would, mainly about the suitability of the outfit for the occasion. I rather enjoyed it though, it felt sort of liberating, and I started to like planning my outfits the night before, I was forced to spend time thinking about me & I could not feel guilty about it.

 

 

 

Sunday was just spent in the house because of the rainy weather so it was just yoga pants & a cashmere tee. I am not showing anyone a photo of that!

 

Monday was swimming lessons then back home to do a little baking. I chose white Capri pants & a navy striped GAP tshirt. Taking a 3 year old swimming with a 20month old in tow means I need to keep my hands free! So I wore a trusty Cath Kidston mini saddle bag.(unfortunately this great style was discontinued a while back, similar here) Which just lightened the mood & gave me a more casual look.

Capri pants, Star by Julien McDonald for Debenhams

T-shirt, GAP similar

This, in retrospect was a silly choice. Trying to keep dry at swimming, then trying not to get ingredients all over me was a nightmare!

 

 

Tuesday I had to go grocery shopping. So I wore black cotton trousers with a white Breton and light grey cardigan. I carried my Louis Vuitton Damier Ebène Neverfull MM.


Trousers, Jaeger. Similar

Top, GAP, similar

Cardigan, Jasper Conran similar

 

 

Wednesday was a quick play date with a friend & her boys so I wore jade green capris (boy was I getting brave now!) with green vest top & green cardigan

 

 

Thursday I took my girls for a little shopping trip to stock up their autumn/winter wardrobes (but that's a-whole-nother post!) I went back to my white capris, but this time, pared with a caramel tshirt & my favourite cardigan & a Gucci shoulder bag.

 

White capris as before

Tshirt, ASOS. Similar

Cardigan , TK Maxx

 

 

Friday I spent with my lovely family & I chose my favorite outfit;

 

My maxi dress! I cannot begin to describe how much I love this dress. Firstly, it feels like you're wrapped in the lightest of silk, it moves beautifully & hangs just perfectly. It's sexy but sophisticated & great fun too. I love it & especially how I feel when I wear it. I got it from a tiny boutique in a town not far from where I live but unfortunately they aren't online & I can't find anything even remotely similar, but I do hope you find the maxi dress of your dreams too!

 

My long awaited jeans arrived on Friday & I do love them, but I am having trouble finding tops to go with them, I'll have a think & post some pics to show everyone.

I did enjoy my jean free week - it was very liberating, but I am glad I finally have some denim back in my wardrobe!

 

 

Love Kitty x


Fashion Friday on MummysGotStyle.com

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Love this post and getting an insight into a week in your wardrobe. It's funny as friends often comment I rarely wear jeans-I do love denim though and recently cut my topshop Jamie jeans into shorts but I do love running around in tea dresses day to day. I will get back to jeans for the Autumn though...I LOVE, love, love that maxi dress of yours-can see why it's your dream maxi. I was never into them before I went to Cannes in May and found my own dream maxi too-post on my blog in the archives, it's coming with me to Greece next week too. Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. how many times do we go to the store and buy cute skirts, dresses and trousers ONLY to choose jeans over them EVERY SINGLE TIME. By doing this type of challenge you force yourself to actually wear the clothes you've bought, and can I say your outfits are GRAT.

    Especially your last white capri outfit and that beautiful dress.

    Did you ever end up posting about which top to wear with your new jeans...link it up too!

    Loved this, thank you for joining the #reasonstodress linkup and adding the badge which turned out perfect! I hope you entered the giveaway for the belt it will be custom sized for the winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela
      It's just usually me being lazy when I resort to jeans, but they are just so practical! I am all invigorated by the fantastic posts on your link that I'm wearing a dress & boots again tomorrow! I never did publish that post but I'm struggling with the jeans & tops again so I'll have a play around with options tomorrow x

      Delete